Reporting into the Business Director, the Client Director has a wide range of responsibilities including (but not limited to) owning and developing the relationship with a variety of key clients, managing direct reports within the team alongside supporting the Business Director in day-to-day tasks, driving growth from dormant clients, and helping to deliver best in class service.
The role of a Client Director requires a proactive mindset both to help develop new opportunities within the business and to pre-empt any issues which may occur alongside using initiative, experience and expertise to help keep our clients and agencies happy through gold standard client servicing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- UK OOH planning experience and/or extensive Comms planning experience – working on clients that spend significantly in OOH.
- Experience of working in data focussed roles.
- First class relationship management skills with the ability to communicate across all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong commercial acumen with the confidence to apply this within your work.
- Ability to manage people and motivate them to bring out their full potential.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Client Director you will be responsible for the day to day management of client servicing and proactively contribute to growing client and agency business. You will build strong agency and client relationships to deliver a first-class service through hot-desking, presenting, educating and understanding clients needs. You will work closely with the planning team to build RTB strategies and data-led approaches to meet client objectives and benefit their business. You will also work closely with the Business Director to deliver and monitor client business plans and agency programmes.
“Talon ensures everyone feels welcome, has all of the tools readily available to be able to succeed. Talon takes seriously their responsibility as an employer, not only to employees but also to their customers and anyone they work with, including the planet. There is a constant striving from all levels to improve and ensure the way we work is better than yesterday.”