This role reports to the SVP, Channel Engagement and is responsible for the development and negotiations of best-in-class out of home plans for our clients here at Talon. As an Associate Director of Channel Engagement, you are responsible for maintaining excellent relationships with our Media Owner partners, working closely with the internal channel team to help grow and develop their talents, and excel in the OOH marketplace as the SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Have ultimate responsibility for local market and national plan development, media owner relations, rate negotiation, and report generation.
- Ensure you have a thorough understanding of the strategy and objectives of our internal and external clients
- Identify and resolve all major issues within media owners to the mutual benefit of all parties
- Ultimate responsibility for developing and maintaining local vendor relationships
- Ensure you have a strong understanding of Talon’s planning and buying principles
- Work collaboratively across all internal teams including Client Success, Production, Finance, Sales, etc.
Working Habits & Core Skills
- Experience leading and managing a team at senior VP level
- Proven experience of channel execution and strategy at scale
- Significant experience in a media agency/vendor environment
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team
- Capable of developing and leading leaders
- Creative and critical thinking, problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Basic math skills
- Microsoft Office
- Excel Proficiency- Intermediate to Advanced.
Your Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrable outdoor and media experience developing and negotiating plans at a local and national level for major brands and agencies.
- Candidates should be able to support and challenge the current status quo and provide teams with compelling and innovative opportunities.
- Ability to build on their existing network and able to open doors at the appropriate level.
- Excellent sales skills and marketing/media/events/experiential market knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a busy, demanding, and pressurised environment.
- Driven and self-motivated to deliver results.
- Flexible and willing to embrace change and new opportunities.