At Talon, our purpose is to be the independent agency of choice providing a pioneering global platform for brands to connect with audiences in the outside world. We want to reimagine the industry to deliver greater value for our clients whilst inspiring people and caring for our planet. We’re passionate about OOH and are on a mission to drive the growth of this sector within the media industry – changing perceptions of it as a legacy medium to one that is highly effective, creative, sustainable, and measurable for our clients. In our first 10 years, our desire to offer intelligent, creative, technology-led OOH solutions and a full-service OOH offering saw us grow into a team of over 300 people located in key cities across the globe. In that time, we have been awarded for our approach to our people, our clients and our industry and want to continue and expand upon these successes.
This role reports to the SVP, Channel Activation and is responsible for the development and negotiations of best-in-class out of home plans for our clients here at Talon. You are responsible for maintaining excellent relationships with our Media Owner partners, working closely with the internal activation team to help grow and develop their talents, and excel in the OOH marketplace as the SME (Subject Matter Expert).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS_
- Have ultimate responsibility for local market and national plan development, media owner relations, rate negotiation, and report generation.
- Ensure you have a thorough understanding of the strategy and objectives of our clients
- Identify and resolve all major issues with media owners to the mutual benefit of all parties
- Keep apprised of updates to media owner inventory, new locations, and market changes, etc.
- Work with Client Strategy team to identify opportunities for client growth
- Ensure you have a strong understanding of Talon’s planning and buying principles, including commercial directives to drive revenue
- Work collaboratively across all internal teams including Client Strategy, Investments, Production, Finance, Sales, etc.
- Learn internal proprietary systems, tools and processes, and provide recommendations where to optimize as needed
- Champion sustainability and advocate the value of positive social and environmental impact within your team.
- Participate in projects and initiatives which drive Talon’s commitment to positive social and environmental causes. E.g., charity partnerships, volunteering, carbon offsetting etc.
- Role model the Talon values and behaviours to help ensure the best possible culture and tone is set throughout Talon.
WORKING HABITS AND CORE SKILLS_
- Proven experience of OOH execution and strategy at scale
- Significant experience in a media agency/vendor environment
- Creative and critical thinking, problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Adaptive to change and a fast-paced environment
- Basic math skills
- Microsoft Office
- Excel Proficiency- Intermediate to Advanced
- 2-4 years of experience would be desirable
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS_
- Demonstrable outdoor and media experience developing and negotiating plans at a local and national level for major brands and agencies.
- Candidates should be able to support and challenge the current status quo and provide teams with compelling and innovative opportunities.
- Ability to build on their existing network and able to open doors at the appropriate level.
- Excellent sales skills and marketing/media/events/experiential market knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a busy, demanding, and pressurised environment.
- Driven and self-motivated to deliver results.
|401K with employer matching||Enhanced paid family leave|
|Life Insurance||Birthday leave|
|Health, dental and vision||Voluntary/Charity leave|
|Generous PTO||Regular all staff educational workshops|
|Feel Good allowance of $50 per month||Training allowance of $100 every year|
|Smarter Working (hybrid working, early
Friday finish, work from anywhere and summer hours!)